1. The Nominee must be between the ages of 5 - 25 at the time the application is submitted and a resident of the United States
2. The Nominee must be diagnosed with a physical challenge by a physician
3. Intellectual Disabilities and certiain disorders do not fall within our criteria of what we accept as physically challenged (See List Below)
4. Wish requests must directly benefit and enrich the life of the physically challenged nominee
5. Wish applications may only contain one wish request for the nominee
6. The requester must specify the exact sports wish for the nominee; our organization does not choose the wish
7. The required Medical Authoriozation Form and the Nominee's Photo must be received before qualified wish requests will be considered
8. The Nominee may not have received a wish by another wish granting organization at any time
9. The Nominee or family of the nominee, may not have had a prior wish request submitted to our organization, whether granted or not
1. Medical Authorization Form: (This Form is available for download below)
a) Click on the "Medical Authorization Form" button below to download and print the Form
b) This Form must be completed by the Nominee's Treating Physician
2. A Photo Of The Nominee:
a) It is preferred that a color photo is sent via email. If sending via postal mail, please send a color, clear photo
b) You are welcome to send more than one photo
1. WISH APPLICATION REVIEW:
a) All Wish Applications are reviewed for eligibility and compliance. If you are 18 and nominating yourself, parent/guardian consent
will be required and verified.
b) The required Medical Authorization Form must be compelted by the treating physician. That form and the Nominee's Photo
must be received within two weeks of the application submission in order for your wish to be considered. If more time is
needed, you must contact us to request and extension, otherwise your wish will be closed.
c) If the nominee and/or sports wish request does not meet our eligibility and criteria guidelines, you will receive a response
within a few business days stating we are unable to consider your request. This saves you the time of processing the Medical
Authorization Form and Nominee's Photo since we will be unable to consider the wish.
2. WISH GRANTING PROCESS FOR THOSE BEING CONSIDERED:
a) While every effort will be made to grant the considered wishes once the nominee's Medical Authorization Form and Photo are
received, the wish is ultimately dependent on the compliance, availability and arrangements with the sports entities. These
requests are at the mercy of each entity and/or their management team or organization, including whether or not they respond
to our requests. If they respond, sometimes an alternative may be offered by the entity such as a signed piece of memorabilia if
they are unable to comply with the original request.
b) While we always consider the entire wish requested, we may not always be able to accommodate every aspect of the wish,
(i.e. transportation) and is also dependent on the sports entity/athlete compliance.
c) Every request will receive a response one way or the other as to whether we are able to grant the wish. Response time can take
up to a few months depending on the compliance of the sports entity/management team.
d) Only immediate family members of the nominee are eligible for consideration to accompany them if the wish involves attending
an event or travel. (Proof of immediate family may be requested)
3. WISHES THAT ARE UNABLE TO BE GRANTED:
a) If your wish is being considered but we are unable to grant it, we are not able to consider a second request due to the numerous
requests we receive.
HOW TO SUBMIT REQUIRED MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION FORM & NOMINEE'S PHOTO:
1. EMAIL: email@example.com (Documents must be in a .PDF or Microsoft Word Format; Photo in a .JPG Format)
2. FAX: 330-244-6016
3. MAIL: The Granted Wish Foundation - 7749 Supreme Ave. NW North Canton, OH 44720
1. Granted Wish considers wish requests for sports of all genres at the professional and collegiate levels
2. Sports genres include Football, Basketball, Nascar, Baseball, Golf, Hockey, etc.
3. Possibility to attend a game or event of your favorite sports team
4. Possibility to meet your celebrity athlete hero
1. Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorder
2. Asperger Syndrome
4. Bipolar Disorder
5. Depression Disorders
6. Psychological Disorders
7. Learning Disabilities or Behavioral Issues
9. Anxiety Disorders
10. Eating Disorders
11. Alcohol & Substance Abuse/Dependence
Please Note: This list is an example and no way indicative of every potential intellectual disability or disorder. Any applications that are
submitted that fall into these types of categories will be evaluated for eligibility.